Saturday, August 15, 2009

be still my heart.....





If you want me to fall in love with you, please get me one of these (top 2 photos) as a gift. It is a wooden periodic table of elements, made by this dude Theodore Gray, who could clearly be my long lost soul mate. This is an actual periodic table table. So rad.

I have long yearned for an old vintage periodic table of elements. I think it would be the sexiest, most romantic gift ever. Alas, I have yet to receive one, nor have I finagled one myself. I could buy a new one, but really, I want to either stumble upon a vintage one or be surprised with receipt of one as a gift. My hints are subtle, no?

I want one for many reasons. Here are a few good ones:

1. I excelled in AP Chemistry and Chemistry is my favorite field of science.

2. My high school Chemistry teacher, Mr. Michnevich called me "Urn" and named one of our classroom experiment batteries after me. My namesake battery was so popular that when it finally kicked the bucket, we had an actual funeral and burial for it. I still have the eulogies somewhere.

3. The above reasons should suffice, but if you need one more, I would say that there is so much actual Chemistry involved in who we want to hang out with, that it would be an awesome gift to give to or receive from someone you think is awesome too.

Perhaps I could receive one of the fine varieties I spied online- crocheted? vintage French? or good old table table?

Email me for my address and you can have one shipped direct! I will treat you to a Jameson on the rocks and if you are cute, a kiss.

2 comments:

Marilyn Eve said...

Liking the blog. Keep up the good work.

Vintage periodic table of elements are awesome.

erin said...

Thanks Marilyn!!! Yes, I love Chemistry!!!!