Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words





So, awhile back, a friend of mine showed me these amazing old photos on her friend's Facebook page. Said friend collects old photos they find in thrift stores, at garage sales, etc. I loved some of them so much (for various reasons) that I had her email them to me. I stumbled across them a couple days ago and I just love them. There are endless stories to be told in each photograph.

They reminded me of something another friend turned me on to years ago...he used to search for old mix tapes, buy them up and listen to them on road trips. He inspired me to do the same and I must say that a mix tape is also an unsung treasure. There are the junior high seduction tapes, the power-punch-workout tapes, the setting-the-mood tapes, the you-broke-my-heart-and-I-want- you-back or the-you-broke-my-heart-and-you-must-die varieties, the party-mix-2000s, the melancholy-Morrisey worshipping-I may slit my wrists today because nobody understands me tapes, the new divorcee tapes and the list can go on. I think you get the general idea. Needless to say, this proved to be a wellspring of entertainment for me, as I really like nothing more than knowing every one's innermost pain/joy/lust/boredom.

So, for your enjoyment, and more importantly, mine....here are some of those fun found photos.
On a side note, I am in New Hampshire and will be doing some deep thrift hunting in search of any and all voyeuristic treasures. Does anyone else collect such things? Any treasures you wanna share with me??? I will think good thoughts about you if you do.

No comments: