Thursday, September 17, 2009

TV Confessions: Part 2



Does anyone remember this show? Out of This World was a sitcom that revolved around a half-alien girl and her single mom. At the end of each episode, she would talk to her dad, who lived on another planet. It was a ridiculous concept, but, I will admit that I watched this show as a kid. I think it was on Saturday mornings and I have probably seen every episode.

I feel like I have better than average taste in a lot of areas. Television is clearly not one of them. This show is the tip of the iceberg for me, in the hours I have wasted watching rubbish. I will offer this argument in favor of this show and others like it: There is a numbing quality to watching these shows, not unlike a drug, that somehow occupies those corners of my brain that would, otherwise, be left to think far too much about far too few things.

No comments: