Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Accidents can happen.


Last night, I had a discussion with a friend about finding out that you are an accidental asshole. By this I mean, suddenly, you realize that you've pulled some dick moves, without fully realizing it. Perhaps you were unaware of some one's affections. Perhaps you were not sensitive to their feelings. Perhaps it took a long time before you realized why they weirded out so hard on you. Perhaps you were thinking it was them, when all along it was you. Then it hits you, you're an accidental asshole. You're basically a nice person, treat people well, try to be honest. You've slipped in the asshole grease and splashed it all over someone else. OK, that was kind of a gross image.

My point is, we have all been assholes. Sometimes we are assholes on purpose, sometimes by accident and maybe sometimes, we are just misunderstood. It's okay if you've accidentally been an asshole to me. It's even okay if you meant to be one. And, if I've accidentally been an asshole to you, please accept my sincerest apologies. I promise to be more careful next time.

2 comments:

brendan donnelly said...

asshole

xo
ron perlman

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/ron-perlman2.jpg

trey said...

yeah, i think we both know a thing or two about being an asshole.