Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ask Erin!- Ouchie and K.


Hello friends, hello enemies, hello frenemies....it's that time again. You ask the questions. I do my best to answer them!

Today's first question:

Dear Ms. RarelyWrong... ;-)

I have a question for you. What the hell are shin-splints? And how can I get rid of this excruciating pain that shoots up my shin, seemingly at random? :-(

Thanks!
Ouchie


Dear Ouchie,

Shin splints, also known as medial tibial stress syndrome, generally refers to pain along your tibia- lower front leg. It's caused by too much stress on both the bone and the connective tissue. Perhaps you have been pushing yourself too hard at the gym. Perhaps you have walked for the first time in months. Or perhaps you stayed too late at the club sweating and dancing. First thing you need to do, is kick those feet up and chill the fuck out. Ice and ibuprofen can help if you have swelling. If this problem seems to reoccur, then maybe you should see a doctor and get some arch supports for your shoes- I am sure they will make you feel very sexy.

****************************

....and our second question today:

Erin, have you ever been arrested? If not, do you think you should have been?

k.


Dear K.,

No, I have never been arrested. I did get picked up by the police once, when I was 13 or 14, for trespassing. Maybe I have good cop karma. I have planned how I would cope in prison, should I ever be arrested. As for your second question, hmmm, should I have been arrested....are we talking regular old law and order or karma police? I am sure you could argue both sides of that. Nonetheless, I feel I have paid my dues. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

OH AND PS!!!!!

email me questions for the next Ask Erin! rarelywrongerin@gmail.com

No comments: