Monday, October 19, 2009

I love a glittered deer.






This past weekend, I had the good fortune to attend a writing conference at The National Arts Club, here in NYC. Let me say that the venue, although alarmingly cold and drafty, was pretty awesome. Housed in a former mansion on Gramercy Park South, it's filled with lots of dark wood, lots of sculptures and paintings, an open casket with brochures in it (what?), and of course, my favorite, the random glittered deer.

While there, I met the current President O. Aldon James, who, according to Wikipedia, has weathered through his own drama. He was a snappy dresser. I appreciated that he was wearing a suit, bow tie, and some very fetching signet rings on a Sunday afternoon. This is his bust.


If you have a chance to go there, you should. Say hi to the deer for me.

No comments: