Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ask Erin!- JS and "Anonymously Frustrated"


OMG, this week's edition of Ask Erin! actually contains a legitimate question! The other "question" (or should I say set of questions) is clearly a dig, but whatevs, I'm game.

JS writes:

erin,

my question is why do you do this blog? is it just to hear yourself talk? do you think that people care? are you really helping anyone? is this your higher purpose?

Dear JS,

- Why do I do this blog? Well, I've got to say that it's a nice release, from any other writing I may be doing, be it a project or school work. Mostly, it is fun.
- Do I do it just to hear myself talk? Ummm, this is actually called writing, not talking. So, I am not technically hearing anything. I rarely go back and re-read what I have written, once it's posted.
- Do I think that people care? That is sort of irrelevant to me, but yes JS, I do think that some people care. Some people may care to hate and some people may care to enjoy.
- Am I really helping anyone? Well, obvs. Even for you, I have illustrated the difference between talking/writing and hearing/reading (see question #2).
- Is this my higher purpose? I should hope not.

Clearly you care enough to write this email and await answers.....hope that I have satisfied you JS.
Love,
Erin
*******************************


....and now for a real question.

Erin, I have a girlfriend who is awesome. But i'm thinking of leaving her. We have fun together, she's super sweet, I can totally be myself- but the sex is mehhhh. I keep thinking about an ex girlfriend. she was a total bitch, but the sex was mind blowing. I can't stop fanasizing about that kind of sex. I don't want to fuck up a good thing, but I also don't know how long I can do this relationship without mind numbing sex. What do I do?
- Anonymously Frustrated


Dear Anonymously Frustrated,

Dude, I feel for you. Honestly, I think that sex is extremely important for a relationship to work. In fact, If the sex is bad, how can the rest stay afloat. Sex is a connection point for a couple and it's my personal belief that it is also a barometer for the relationship as a whole. That being said, there can be great sex with a total asshole...but that is another scenario all together. I don't know how long you've been together, but if it's "mehhhh," then it's probably not going to get much better over time. Maybe this relationship is better suited to a friendship than a romance. Now, I am not suggesting that you leave this kind lady for a bitch....but why sell yourself short. You can have it all. How much greater would it be to have both the friendship part and the amazing sex. Let her go. Then, she can find a better match and so can you! Life is too short to deny yourself happiness and satisfaction in all areas of life.

Don't forget to email me- rarelywrongerin@gmail.com- for the next Ask Erin!

5 comments:

j said...

wow. youre so insightful.

erin said...

You're welcome.

Anonymous said...

thanks dude!

Anonymous said...

Anyone who would take advice from you obviously has mental problems.

Anonymous said...

Why do people take so much effort to be haters?