Friday, November 13, 2009

Just like Greg Brady.




Last week (I can't believe that was only a week ago), I wrote about this necklace I bought over the summer.

Well, I started wearing the necklace and the week has been rough, I'm not gonna front. I have been saying the wrong things, pushing people away, feeling all in all disconnected and it's bumming me out. Now, 2 close friends have suggested that maybe the necklace has some bad juju. Perhaps wearing a hacked heart and its friend the axe, around your neck, is not the best way to float along with an open heart. This got me thinking, maybe my heartbreak necklace is like the cursed Tiki necklace that plagued the Bradys on that ill-fated trip to Hawaii. Do I really need a freak surfing accident in my life right now? No. I do not. So, I have temporarily retired my necklace. It's Friday the 13th, come on wind, be a pal, and change up my sabotage vibe.



6 comments:

Psyched and Such said...

You're right, you should def send it to me. It's probably not a cursed tiki in this time zone.

erin said...

I will have it exorcised first. I couldn't risk hexing you.

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the one to point this out but maybe it's you, not the necklace.

jetgirl000 said...

That's funny! But there may be *some* truth to that... things do carry an energy you know.

Have you got a Claddagh ring nearby? Try wearing that and see if your luck improves!

erin said...

Anonymous- it probably is me, I'm pretty janky. Jetgirl, I think Friday the 13th is my good luck charm.

brendan donnelly said...

agreed. leave it off.