Monday, November 2, 2009

saying everything/revealing nothing


There is a particular talent one may have for sharing without being stripped down. I have found that I can divulge the most intimate details of my life, and yet, reveal very little. This has served me well and this has imprisoned me. That being said, I find that I am constantly in fear of revealing too much, saying too much, committing the crime of the over-share. I'm an open book and a sealed vault. Then again, maybe we all are. I will say this, I am currently working on a project, a writing project, that entails me being brutally honest and open, and it's the scariest and most liberating journey I have ever embarked on.

8 comments:

kk said...

i think you share too much.

erin said...

You don't have to read this you know.

brendan donnelly said...

good! write it out. it's hard to find brutally honest people who express moments of their life that they've kept secret for all of us to read. it's a noble quality. honesty about oneself is the only real way let people know what you've dealt with in life whether they can relate or not. most of us aren't capable of doing this, so keep it going! we all live vicariously through other peoples experiences and only real story tellers in my eyes are doers and livers, not fiction writers.

to the people who disagree, i feel sorry for you. for people writing negative comments to erin, try writing your darkest moments and hardships for strangers to read. it's not easy and it takes some serious confidence.

-alwayshonesterin.blogspot.com


ps...my word verification was "berate"

Anonymous said...

Are you writing about being a slut?

philip said...

Wow. You haters need to get your own life instead of wasting your time trying to put down someone else. I want to hear more Erin.

thetroublewithlisa said...

dear my very dear slut friend:

i love you and encourage you to be fearless with your writing. it is art, it is an expression and it is you.

go all the way and don't hold back!

Anonymous said...

you must be f-ing those guys.

erin said...

I must be f-ing Lisa too.