Thursday, November 19, 2009
Sea of Teeth
I have been spending a lot of time at the dentist lately. Now, had I actually properly attended to my incisors, and cuspids and bi-cuspids, then perhaps I could have spread the torture out, more humanely over the years. I haven't neglected them entirely, but I have not given them the respect they, apparently, demand. Teeth have been on my mind and I have a few thoughts:
1. Do you think that dentists and/or dental hygienists become so grossed out after looking at so many janky teeth all day, that they cannot fathom the thought of kissing someone, of actually sticking their tongue into someone else's potentially plaque-infested mouth and feeling around in there? Knowing what one would know as a dentist or hygienist, having access to dental equipment, and driven by the fear of transferring bacteria from one mouth to the other, do you suppose they take their dates in for a quick once-over, a cleaning in the office, before they go any further? I am neither a dentist nor a hygienist, but I am seriously considering making this a prerequisite for all future potential suitors. After viewing the inside of my mouth, with a little camera.....I can't really go back.
2. All of the above being said....I love some fucked up teeth....on anyone else but me. A gap, a fang, a chip- BRING IT!
3. When I am really stressed out, I have dreams of losing my teeth or a tooth. Does this happen to anyone else?
4. Dentistry is soooooo expensive! Damn, can we please find a way to remedy this???
5. I like the imagery of teeth used in art, song, books etc.
6. Remember that movie that came out, called Teeth, that was about a girl who had evil teeth in her vagina? I did not see it, but if you have let me know.
Alright, enough about teeth. Enjoy some good music. (and yes, I found a way to slip in a pic of Lil Wayne's teeth)