Monday, December 7, 2009

Crazies need not apply....








It's pretty rough dealing with a crazy person. It makes me feel crazy, like their crazy is contagious. There is no rational argument to be had, no clear logic in sight. It is also rather exhausting. I feel I have had my share of dealing with these sorts. At one time in my life, I may have even been one. Well, I am resigning. I hereby give up my post as tour guide/counselor/sympathizer/tolerator of the crazy community. Please do not darken my doorstep. I shall not answer the door.

4 comments:

jetgirl000 said...

Oh, I can *so* relate. Several years ago I, too, retired my invisible "crazies welcome" sign! And you know what - the craziest part was that it actually worked! Now, I only get the normal amount of crazy. What a relief!

Congratulations on your retirement! ;-)

erin said...

Thank you! I look forward to my golden years!

Nicole Kenney said...

LOL!!! sounds like there are many of us out there who can **completely** relate!! dare i say, i think it's a sign of the well earned wisdom of experience (sounds nicer than saying 'age') that we stop finding the crazy interesting and start realizing it's just far more drama than it's worth. i've been a magnet for the crazy and disfunctional for most of my life but have also recently passed that baton on! the coincidental timing we're all coming to this realization surely can't be accidental! so congrats!! we've put in our dues.... time to sip mimosas amongst the sane and stable and pepper our lives with the crazy of our choosing. ;)

erin said...

Hahaha....thanks Nicole! I will gladly sip mimosas with you!