Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Irma La Douce (Erin The Sweet)






So, last night, during my fighting-this-cold-I-am-determined-not-to-get-insomnia, I had the pleasure of catching Irma La Douce on TV. It had been a long time since I had seen this Billy Wilder gem, which I am not sure I had ever seen before in its entirety. Starring Shirley MacLaine and Jack Lemmon, it tells the tale of a cop and a street walker who fall in love in 1960s Paris. Pretty much a hooker with a heart of gold story, it is also a visual feast. I could fully go there, with her look....the black dresses and pencil skirts, the green stockings, the little bows and the little dog. I mean, I already have the dog.


I love these images of the film from LIFE.









So, what do you think? Should this be my new look?????

The very groovy trailer...


No comments: