Wednesday, December 23, 2009

See all that attitude, is unnecessary dude.






Hi. So, as anyone who reads this blog knows, I get the occasional hate comment and/or email on here. Sometimes, these comments are less occasional and more usual. Most of the time, I could care less. I have only deleted 2 comments in the history of this blog- both from the same "anonymous" person, both calling me a n-word lover (in reference to my Lil Wayne obsession).

Yesterday, while I was out and about in the world, I encountered some major road rage, from some kook, who actually backed his car down an alley, got out and hurled a bottle at me. The weird part was, I hadn't done anything! I didn't cut him off, there was no near accident, no aggressive driving, slow driving, etc. I guess maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time??? About 15 minutes after that, I was cruising along and had to stop for a car that was backing into a parking space. I couldn't go forward or I would hit the car in front of me. I guess the crazy old guy behind me didn't realize this because he laid on his horn. When we were finally able to move, he changed lanes and zoomed up next to me cursing and acting generally nuts.

I turned down a side street, pulled my car over to take a breath. And, there were some tears. Tears because I can't comprehend all the hate. Tears because anger is scary. And tears because it is such a waste of energy, that in turn creates more negativity.



It got me thinking about the haters here on the world wide webzzz. What's with all the hostility dudes? If you don't like what I write, don't read it. If I piss you off, it's ok to tell me so...but you don't have to call me a whore or a skank or a bitch to do so.

I for one am going to try to be nicer- nicer to strangers who may cut me off in traffic, nicer to my loved ones, and even nicer to myself. It is Christmas after all. So, if you are out there among the masses, stressed out from all the holiday jazz, take a breath and be nice. Being nice is contagious after all, as is feeling good. Spread some love and joy instead of being a negative creep.



Thanks for letting me ramble, I'm gonna go spit on some strangers now. (kidding)

3 comments:

justin hollar said...

shut up skank

erin said...

Ahahahah. You're allowed to call me that.

Ben Grieme: SCRAPS said...

I just threw up in my mouth. Fucking hippy.