Monday, January 4, 2010
It's a new decade. I am just catching on to this....
First of all, I would like to thank my friends and fellow bloggers for their awesome contributions to top ten mania. If you have not yet perused them, do so, you won't regret it. If anyone else has one they would like to send my way, please do, and I will gladly post it.
Now, in thinking about my own top ten, I thought do I wanna look back or look forward or both? This thinking made me tired and kept re-directing me to making a top ten list of the best moments of Beverly Hills, 90210.
In the end, I think I have learned a lot in the past 10 years, or at least I would like to think so. Therefore, here's my list.
Top Ten Things I learned in the first decade of the 21st century (long douchey title, I know)
10. Drugs are bad for you.
9. Shooting a gun can be really fun. (in the right place and time with the right companion/s)
8. Sometimes you blink and 10 years whiz by, so you better live today like it is the best day ever.
7. Honesty, although sometimes uncomfortable and occasionally painful, truly is the best policy.
6. It's okay to fail. Sometimes failing in a career, a relationship, a dream leads you to your heart's desire.
5. There's nothing better than laughing out loud. If you do not do this on a regular basis, I suggest new friends and lovers.
4. What we believe about ourselves will manifest.
3. I am really really lucky.
2. Pregnancy can be terrifying. Not everyone glows.
1. No one will teach you more about how to love than your own kid. You will love them more than you could ever hate yourself.
I welcome this new year and this new decade. There's so much to look forward to....