Sunday, January 3, 2010
Top Ten from holyhudson!
The beautiful and talented writer and home renovator, Hallie Goodman, sent over her list for the best moments of 2009. You can catch up with Hallie over at holyhudson. Thanks Hallie!!
People are calling this the worst decade ever and you know, they might be right. On a personal level it was really a wonderful, dreams-coming-true decade. But lots of things broke my heart too (Katrina, for example). But my memory is blurry and unreliable, so I decided to copy Cali and go for the top ten moments in the past year alone. Here they are:
My top ten 2009 moments, in no particular order:
1. When Joe regained consciousness. Fucking tick.
2. When I wrote the last check for our medical debt (ok so there's more every day - but I'm talking about the initial 60 g)
3. Closing up shop in Brooklyn and heading upstate (ok it was 15 days before the year began, But I vote to let that detail slide).
4. Aretha Franklin singing at the Obama swearing in party.
5. Swimming in waterfalls - yep, plural.
6. Covering hard hitting events like the sheep festival for the local paper, while still writing for glossies.
7. Riding a horse bareback (with horrible form) for the first time in 20 years.
8. Starting a video program for at risk youth, and forming a kids news team.
9. Flag day in Hudson (hilarious parade floats and fireworks over the historic lighthouse on the f'n Hudson River. Come on!)
10. Hosting Taco Night dinner parties.
Oh and Hallie, I am so invading one of your taco nights some day soon!