Friday, January 22, 2010

True Love Will Find You in the End





























Maybe we would all be happier if we truly learned to give love and receive love. Everyone needs to be loved and everyone needs to love someone else, even if they can't/won't admit it. As an emotionally stunted person, I have often struggled with allowing myself to be loved. Loving others always seemed easy, but truthfully, it is hard to do that if you are keeping everyone at arm's length- sort of loving "people" in general, collectively, but not ever really allowing yourself to get too close.

I imagine there to be so many lonely hearts out there. What if tomorrow we all made the conscious decision to love someone, to open our hearts to someone. This doesn't have to be romantic love. There are all sorts of love. Maybe someone just needs a hug, just needs to know someone has love in their heart for them, (That being said, I am not a hugger and really don't enjoy public displays of any sort of affection....so, yeah, what do I know?)



(one of my favorite songs....ever...in the history of ever)

8 comments:

Lara said...

You're totally a hugger! And you have a huge heart!!!!

You crazy!

Adriana said...

definitely approve
im noddin, mhmm-in, and finger snappin to this

Anonymous said...

love advice from a slut

Psyched and Such said...

Why are people so obsessed with calling you a slut? Does the internet have tourettes?

In all seriousness though my best friend reminded me of the mindblowing importance of platonic love last night. Spread the love people!

brendan donnelly said...

i'm a lonely heart looking to be loved. it never happens though. in the end i just keep giving.

erin said...

Brendan, for reals with that statement?????

Hallie, I have no clue- either random jealousy or crazy person/people...or 1 very determined person. And yes, love isn't always what you think it will look like. I think people get stuck on only wanting it one way- romantically- but love is love, no matter how you slice it!

Anonymous said...

maybe people call you a slur becaue you do slutty things.

erin said...

No, calling me a slut would be a slur, actually. And, because has an S in it...I know not what becaue means. Yes, I do really slutty things, like use proper grammar. I know how to spell too! Yeah me!