Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Would you be an outlaw for my love?


One of the best lines ever written in a song ("Thirteen")...simple and honest. Big Star wrote some amazing amazing songs. The first time I heard "Kangaroo," I thought that is sounded like beautiful music being played while falling down the stairs, in slow motion. The original band was only around for 3 years ('71-'74), but their musical footprint is undeniable. If you have somehow missed the Big Star boat, I highly suggest you get on that...you won't regret it (unless you have poor taste in music, then I can't really help you). Last year, a pretty epic box set was put out by Rhino. Read about it over on Pitchfork.

(video is whatevs- some pictures....just listen)


(another good one)


(Elliott Smith covering Big Star)

3 comments:

philip said...

Big Star is one of my top 5 favorite bands, ever.

thetroublewithlisa said...

i totally hit on jody stephens when i met him in austin.

bonnie made me.

erin said...

hahahaha.....Love you Lisa.