Thursday, February 4, 2010

An open letter, to no one in particular.












An attempt to comprehend....

I think that sometimes we do things without calculating what our actions will cost us down the road. You can curse me, spit on me, wish ill will upon me, spread lies, trample on people, be selfish, be cruel, live a lie. What will that cost you? Aren't you still the same miserable person? Isn't it sort of the rule that when you do shitty things, you feel like shit? Yeah, I think so. That type of misery is not erased by fame and money, my dear. I pity you.

There are, sadly, some people that are simply not capable of being honest with themselves. These types of people are beyond frustrating, but I guarantee that the frustration/aggravation they incite in others, cannot hold a candle to the whirlpool of negativity that churns inside of them. At the end of my life, I want to be proud of what I have accomplished/ overcome/ contributed to the world. How sad, at the end of the day, to have destroyed far more than you have created. You can dress them up, glorify them, paint an untruth on them, feed their egos....but at the end of the day they are still that miserable soul, lost, just lost. I am happy that I am not that lost. I am grateful that I am aware of my many flaws. I am lucky that I have enough humility to recognize the truth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a hypocrit, a nobody and a junkie slut.

Lara said...

Erin, I'm right there with you. I am so amazed at how you continue to act out of integrity when anyone else in your situation would be so tempted to do otherwise.

I should be surprised that "anonymous" has enough time in her busy day to read your blog, but I'm not.

I say "she" only because I don't believe a man would waste time and energy on someone he obviously didn't like. Men are pretty good at conserving their energy and expending it only on things they value.

You keep doing what you're doing. No one can hide who they are for very long. And sometimes, all they need is enough rope!

erin said...

Thank you Lara.

Dear Anonymous,

Your anonymity is transparent and you can't spell hypocrite.
xoxo

Ashley said...

Re: An attempt to comprehend...

Erin,

One such person has made my life really difficult emotionally this week and what you wrote made such sense. I needed that.

I happened upon your site by chance and I am so glad! Have a great night!

erin said...

Ashley,

I think we all have at least one of those people in our lives. Thanks for the sweet words.
xo