Monday, February 22, 2010

Will the wind ever remember....

Will the wind ever remember
The names it has blown in the past,
And with this crutch, its old age and its wisdom
It whispers, "No, this will be the last."






When I was a kid, I went through this phase, during which I firmly believed that I was Jimi Hendrix in a past life. I had the whole scenario worked out in my 10 year old brain. I figured he died a few years before I was born- so he/me hung out for awhile drifting around and then fell into my newborn body one Tuesday morning in November. It made perfect sense to me at the time. I never ever told anyone about it until I was an adult. Why I thought this or where the idea came from, I have no idea. In my memory, the thought just occurred to me. I don't even think I knew much about him at the time. I was just discovering music, all of which funneled through my obsession with Andy Warhol. But, somehow I steadfastly believed this about myself. I didn't pick up a guitar for another 16 years.

Enjoy.....