Friday, March 12, 2010

Ask Erin! (No, really, ask me. I will tell you the truth.)

Well, it has been far too long since my last Ask Erin! post...so let me try to answer some of these here questions.....

***


I think I'm pregnant. I'm scared to take a test, because I can't have a baby right now and I'm so freaked out about what I will have to face in ending the pregnancy. The guy is NOT father material and I don't even want to tell him. Do you think I have to?


This is some tricky tricky territory. First of all, just take the test. You are only torturing yourself by prolonging the inevitable. And, what if you're not pregnant? Then, don't you want to be relieved that much sooner? Now, if you are indeed pregnant, then I suggest you make your decision swiftly. The longer you wait, the harder it's going to be. It sounds like this may not be the best situation in which to have a child. Making that decision is highly personal.

I have to say, I have mixed feelings about telling the dude if you're going to terminate the pregnancy, but, at the end of the day, I think you owe it to him and to yourself, for multiple reasons: You shouldn't have to go through this alone. You shouldn't have to pay for this alone. You both should bear the brunt of your choices, meaning, why aren't you on birth control and/or using a condom? I implore you, if you don't want to get pregnant, then please take oral contraception, or stick that ring in you or whatever. And if you are a dude, unless you wear a condom and do so properly, then you are playing russian roulette. You can't know if the girl is using birth control, and if she is, if she is doing it as directed.

When you are sexually active you sign up for a lot of risks. It's your responsibility to minimize those risks.

Lastly, if you are pregnant and abortion is the solution, then I strongly urge you to confide in your friends, or at least one. This is not going to be a walk in the park. You may even wish to speak with a therapist about the feelings that could come up in the aftermath. Whatever happens, you gotta just face reality. Good luck.
***


would you really go out with lil wayne?


Ummm, yes. Duh.
***

my ex's best friend tried to have sex with me last night very aggressively. should i tell my ex (who is also my good friend) or let it be?





Ugh. What a bummer. Well, here's the bottom line for me....I would want to know if one of my friends went after my ex. But, I think that opening that can of worms could be disastrous for everyone. How long have you been broken up? Are you still very close to your ex? Is this person really their best friend? I would tell them if you think this person is clearly a backstabber. Otherwise, I would stay out of the drama and stay away from that friend. I would also set a firm boundary with the friend, and let them know where you stand, in no uncertain terms. (Of course, from the tone of your question, I am assuming that you were not interested in this person.) Def let me know the outcome of this one, or if you have any more details to add. 
***

who will win the league?




Ummm, what league? The league of extraordinary gentlemen? I guess my answer would be....your team, your team will win.
***

Bitches, I promise to keep catching up on Ask Erin! questions....so keep em' coming. I will answer another batch in the next few days. To ask a question, about really anything at all, use the formspring box on your right or email me- rarelywrongerin@gmail.com.

2 comments:

philip said...

You really do give pretty good advice.

erin said...

why, thank you.