Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I swear, I am totally rational (most of the time).


So, I have an irrational fear.....of rodents. A couple nights ago, someone thought they saw a mouse in my laundry room. No joke, it seriously sent me into a full-fledged panic attack. If this had happened in someone else's house, it would freak me out a little, but wouldn't have had such a crazy dramatic effect. Do you have any irrational fears? When I have nightmares or stress-related dreams, I dream of rats and mice....always. (or sometimes of losing my teeth....or of tsunamis) Anyways, I know, rationally, that a mouse is not the end of the world, but it leads my mind to racing thoughts of infestation, being trampled by tiny rodent feet in my sleep, gnawed on, or whipped in the face with that disgusting tail. Can you imagine how upset I would have been if it had been a rat??

The good news is that the next day I made RJ take a flashlight and search high and low in the laundry room and kitchen for any mouse droppings. We couldn't find one. This put my mind at ease, for as I understand it, if there is a mouse, there will be a dropping. Now, I am hoping that it was indeed a hallucination on the part of a crazy person (Ben), and there never was a mouse in my house!

For the record, I also have a fear of tuna-fish sandwiches and milk.

4 comments:

bonnie said...

little stuart eating a picnic of warm tuna and mayo sandwiches and hot milk? it's such a beautiful thought. until he throws up, of course.

Psyched and Such said...

Milk is so disgusting. I don't even like watching people put it in their coffee.

Joy said...

My prescription for your phobia is Anatole by Eve Titus. You will not be able to resist falling in love with this endearing petite souris.
http://www.amazon.com/Anatole-Eve-Titus/dp/0375839011

thetroublewithlisa said...

rats, tuna-fish sandwiches and milk go together like birds of a feather.

make me wanna puke! (sorry bonnie.)