Thursday, March 18, 2010

Remains of some day.

This week I had to face something that is wholly painful. Someone I have known and loved for a long time has told me that they can no longer be a part of my life, in any capacity. My heart hurts. This person knows me, KNOWS me. I am no longer welcome to pick up the phone and check in. I will no longer know them, will not have the pleasure of meeting their children, nor watch them grow old. Damn it. I feel bereft of this bond that has been there for the past 12 years.

There is really not much I can do to change things and this has not come about because of anything I have done. So, what to do, but mourn? Yeah, mourn the loss of my touchstone, my "gypsy." Goodbye you.

6 comments:

Adriana said...

I've been through that before. I'm sorry. Anyone has the right to disappear I guess, but it can be a very painful thing when they do.

Anonymous said...

whoever axed you must be jumping for joy.

philip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
philip said...

Screw you anonymous. If you hate Erin so much, why the hell do you read her blog?

Anonymous said...

i read her blog because im old and lonely :(
really old.

erin said...

Thanks Adriana. The rest of you are very lively.