Friday, April 16, 2010

Ask Erin!- Question of the day...

I have been a bit under the weather the past few days, so I'm just gonna pick 1 question to answer today.



Is it wrong to read my boyfriends emails? Is it wrong he and an ex still keep in contact, although she is married with kids and the emails are innocent, he has not told me about them? Would like to get your opinon



Yes, it is wrong to read your boyfriend's emails. That makes you a snoop, with trust issues. I have been that snoop before. It's not a good look. I have also been the one snooped on, and let me tell you, it doesn't feel good. I hate that shiz. 

Why are you so worried if he is friends with his ex? Is it that you feel threatened? Are you just bummed that he didn't tell you? Do you tell him about every email you receive or send? Seems to me, it is a pretty innocent exchange. If I was your boyfriend, I would be really annoyed that you read my email. 

You need to trust your man, unless he has given you concrete reason not to trust him. I have been on the other end- when an ex-boyfriend's new gf forbids friendship and that's a serious bummer. Just because you no longer have romantic feelings for someone, does that mean all your care for them goes away? No, it doesn't. 

He's with you. Stop snooping. Let it go. 

I kind of like this, answering one question per post. What do you think? Keep the questions coming....formspring or email
xoxo

No comments: