Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ask Erin!- Following up....

Remember the question from last week? If not, read here. Here is a follow up question....

I asked ex wife to send my son to me in portland oregon so that i can look after him but she said she would rather have the money (child support) put him on pills and home school him. going to try to convince her not to any suggestions?

Yikes! Okay, I am not a lawyer, but I do share a child with an ex-husband. Even though she has primary physical custody, I assume that you share joint legal custody. Normally, this would entail that any medical decisions require the approval of both parents. If you are not sure, look over your custody agreement and/or consult a lawyer. 

How far away do they live? This is important stuff here. I would do some research on the subject, arm yourself with information and approach her with a level-headed plea. As I said, I am happy to point you in the right direction with a well-known pediatrician, here in Los Angeles, who may be able to provide you and your ex-wife with alternative options. I really really hope this works itself out. Keep me posted. 

To ask me a question for a future Ask Erin! post, use the formspring box on your right or email me

No comments: