Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inner Librarian

For many many years, I have secretly wished I was a librarian. I love the organization, the endless rows of books, the wood. Alas, I do not have a doctorate in Library Sciences. So, I have to indulge myself at home. I have my own book organization system, a slight variation on The Dewey Decimal Classification, DDC, aka Dewey Decimal System. If you don't know what that is, I don't know if we can be friends.

So, I had a realization that when my life gets busy and I feel like I am juggling many balls (get your mind out of the gutter), I try to Dewey my life. I organize and classify my tasks, my time. I think of the tired old librarian inside me, rushing to the card catalog to retrieve information for me on a moment's notice. 

See. This is what happens when I am concentrating on way too many things at once. I miss being on vacation! Lucky for me, I leave again in 2 weeks. Until then, I will continue to summon my inner librarian and tackle the never-ending to-do list in my life.


4 comments:

brendan donnelly said...

nerd alert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYjFKsJjCP0

erin said...

I love that movie.

Anonymous said...

Did Dewey ever create anything else?

erin said...

Not anything of note. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melvil_Dewey