Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekend Wild Out

So it's the weekend and I know what you're thinking, weekends are for getting crazy. Well, I spent my Friday night reading The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements. And let me tell you, it is seriously an exhilarating read.


The author, Sam Kean, writes about the discovery of the elements, and the men and women who discovered them, with such enthusiasm and excitement. Plus, he's kind of a nerd babe.



Seriously people, I know my love for the periodic table may prejudice me, but it really is a fascinating and thrilling read, even for people who have yet to understand the beauty of chemistry. It's magical.

My heart skips a beat......

And if you are in the market to buy me something awesome, I still want one of Theodore Gray's wooden periodic tables.

2 comments:

AB said...

I read this!

Anonymous said...

predictable