Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A list



A list of books that have been given or lent to me, or that I may have even purchased, but I have never read.

Twilight

Julie and Julia

The Lovely Bones

The Mermaid Chair

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Fight Club

Atonement

Eat, Pray, Love

Jane Eyre

They remain at the bottom of my very large TO READ pile. Am I unfairly prejudiced against their mainstream appeal? Probably not, but I don't know if I will ever read them. Do you have piles like this? I am an avid reader, but for some reason, I never feel like reading any of the aforementioned texts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

people still read?

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Lovely Bones are the only ones I'd recommend from that list. Jane Eyre is a good book but if you're not into the period then you won't like it (whilst you may still like Harry Potter even if you're not a fan of fantasy).

Hope you get to them someday!

Anonymous said...

Every single one of those books is total crap. Don't feel bad at all.