Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to my late 30s...



I am closer to 40 than I am to 30. Yikes. Shhh, don't tell anyone. And, in a couple weeks, I will be even closer. I don't feel my age and happily or sadly, depending on who you ask, I don't act my age. But, there has been a slow shift in me.

I worry less about some things, I am more secure with who I am, less afraid of letting people see me. But, I also think about things like aging and illness and the future for my son...like a lot.

These are incredibly sexy thoughts, I know. I guess I am starting to finally feel like a grown up? Am I late to the game? Or am I right on time? So many questions....I probably don't even need the answers.

I still have moments when I feel like a hormonal adolescent riding the waves  of my own emotions....but they are fewer and farther between. Most of the time, I am a-ok and sometimes realizing how stable I am is bizarre!

These are just random thoughts for a Tuesday in late October, while those on the right coast wait out the storm.




No comments: