Friday, January 11, 2013

It's time



To make a discipline of writing...light things...and sometimes dark...on here, again.

I cannot recall the last time I posted anything on the blog...although, I could overcome the techno laziness and look to the right.

With a hefty word load, already on my proverbial plate, I find it helps to come here and type things that sometimes do or do not signify anything and may or may not mean anything to anyone. You may or may not care.

January is a traditionally difficult month for me. Maybe it's a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder, but that seems kind of wimpy since I live in Los Angeles. Maybe it's a month that historically hosts loads of change, for better or worse, maybe it's the post holiday let-down, maybe it's too much looking in.

I spent the early part of the week feeling a little sorry for myself. That is as embarrassing to type as it seems. Then, I was reminded of someone I know going through something real, something grave, something with a child. And I recognized my narcissism and recognized what I took for granted and I stopped feeling sorry for myself.

This seems like an obvious lesson, yet it is the thing I struggle with the most...not allowing myself to take that slow descent into self-pity, depression, and an  overall bad attitude.

Maybe one day, I will remember what I've learned and I won't have to Groundhog Day the same exercise all over again.

At least, I am hopeful.....



1 comment:

thetroublewithlisa said...

i know. me too. i know. me. too.