Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My New Work Model- "Positive Procrastination"



I used to think that procrastination was a bad thing. And, to be fair, one could argue that point. 

But now, I am seeing procrastination as a tool- not a tool like that one guy that leaves sexual comments on every one of your FB posts, who you haven't seen in 10 years- but a tool as in something useful to get the job done. (Insert sexual comment here)

I am far more productive when I'm multi-tasking- working on several writing projects/reading/blogging/tweeting/and even general internet troll-age. I mean, I have actual scientific evidence* of this. My output of written pages is higher and generally of better quality. 

Maybe it has something to do with becoming so myopically focused on one project- the old "I can't blog/shop/party/bikini wax** until I finish this screenplay/essay/revision/masterpiece***."

Plus, I get to waste your time here now. JK! (not kidding- sort of) 

I feel much happier now, knowing that all of my procrastination is really serving the greater good. Take my advice. Try it out. You're welcome. 


*(this term may be used rather loosely)
**(order of importance subject to change)
***(masterpiece intended only for comic relief)

No comments: