Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dead Rats


If you know me, you know how much I loath rodents, particularly the street rat variety. You cannot avoid them living in New York City, so I do my best to squint and pretend I don't see them. When I'm successful, they look like off-leash chihuahuas and I pretend that they are. When I'm not, I'm sure one is following me home. 

This morning, walking the dog, I came across 2 dead rats in the park, both petrified, on their sides, next to each other. It was if 2 lovers had been struck by Mr. Freeze and tipped over, locked in the night before, perfect examples of skilled taxidermy. 

It was probably just rat poison, but I like my fantasy better.

As much as I hate rats, I stood there for a few minutes, transfixed by how they looked. And for a moment, I felt sorry they were gone. Then I resumed feeling grossed out and went home humming this....




It's been stuck in my head for days. (sometimes my taste is questionable)

PS. (Kudos to Rick Ross for using therefore in a rap song.)


No comments: