Monday, April 14, 2014

Ships of Years Past


I love stop-motion films. I was extra excited to hear about this one, being made by Yura Boguslavsky, about a sea captain's final voyage. 





It looks moody and beautiful and right up my alley. Boguslavsky has a true gift for storytelling and this project exemplifies that. Projects like these are why I appreciate Kickstarter so much, both as a source for discovering things I normally may not, and also as a way for projects we believe in to get made. 




I am sure this will get funded, but if I were you, I would pledge something and be a part of the magic. 


P.S. Yura is also a teacher and on his Vimeo page, he's posted these charming, ethereal stop-motion films made by his young students. Here are a couple of my favorites...


By 8 year old Varya Kryanina...


By 13 year old Diana Shamsutdinova...

No comments: